Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Online tools

I think I would consider integrating quizstar into my future classroom. It seems like it would be very beneficial. For one, making the quizzes online is a very simple process. They also get graded automatically. For a teacher, quizstar is very efficient. It will cut down on a lot of time. From the students point a view, I also think it will be beneficial. Students will be able to take their time on quizzes and not feel the in class pressure. Some students, when they physically get the quiz in front of them tend to draw a blank on everything they had just learned. For quizstar, the teacher can make the quizzes have unlimited amounts of time so the students can calm down and take as much time necessary. They will have more time to really think about the question and come to the correct conclusion.

I think either zoomerang or surveymonkey will positively impact a student’s learning. On these cites, they both talk about giving students surveys. I think this will impact a student positively because taking surveys are anonymous. Students do not need to feel pressured into voting a certain way. This is also good because it will keep the students involved. They will enjoy taking surveys because it is an easy way for them to feel connected with the classroom. It is a positive way for students to participate in the classroom and not have to fear embarrassment for giving a different answer.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! My only critique is that you did not include a citation/reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that quizstar would be a very beneficial resource to use in the classroom and i too plan to use this resource in my future classroom=). great post and full of detail.

    ReplyDelete