Monday, November 1, 2010

Concept Map Reflection

The type of program is used to make my concept map was bubbl.us. At first, I did not like this program at all. I could not figure out how to use it. I had to start over many times because my map would not meet my needs. The layers of the map would keep being deleted and I was unsure as to why. However, I eventually got the hang of using this program. In the end, I really enjoyed using it. I would use it again in the future. I also believe that both teachers and students can use it. For students, it is a good way to organize notes. For example, I am tutoring now in a special education class, and the students were learning about burns. However, they were getting confused as to which burn had which effect. This program would have helped them keep track of which burn had which effect.

The most difficult part about this assignment was trying to figure out how to use bubble.us. The website did not provide much instruction as to how to use the program. However, by continually trying I managed to figure out what each of the buttons mean. In the end, I was able to make my project. Another difficulty I had was trying to figure out what to use as my concept map. I could not think of many topics that would need levels of detail. However, I eventually remembered the students I was tutoring had struggles with learning about burns and I realized I could incorporate that into my project.

My knowledge of learning this assignment will help in the future for my profession because all students learn differently. Some do better with just listening and taking notes, others need to see a visual diagram. In the future, I can use this to benefit the students who need to see a visual in order to learn the material. This program keeps notes very organized and I think my future students will benefit from me using this program with them.

Bubbl.us - Free Web Application for Brainstorming Online. Web. 01 Nov. 2010. .

No comments:

Post a Comment